PIAA A-6A State Championships end in blowouts
Below are the results of the final games of the PIAA High School Football season ending today. Each game was played at Hershey Stadium throughout the past three days. West teams finished 4-2 with the WPIAL finishing 3-1 in championship games. Blowouts were consistent across the board as the outscoring by winning teams to losing teams was 259-99 with the closest game being 10 points. Check out the scores below.
6A CHAMPIONSHIP GAME
[41-21 FINAL] Pine-Richland Rams (16-0) vs. St. Joseph's Prep Hawks (13-1)
- Phil Jurkovec (Notre Dame) and the Pine-Richland Rams finally get redemption from last year's 49-41 loss to the Hawks and pick up their first title championship. Jurkovec accounted for 5 touchdowns and 400 total yards, a 200 yard split between passing and rushing.
5A CHAMPIONSHIP GAME
[14-49 FINAL] Gateway Gators (14-2) vs. Archbishop Wood Vikings (12-2)
- Archbishop Wood proved no match for the Gators who finished the season 14-2 and one game shy of the title. The Vikings finish 12-2 and pick up another great title championship run.
4A CHAMPIONSHIP GAME
[38-28 FINAL] Erie Cathedral Prep Ramblers (15-0) vs. Imhotep Charter Panthers (13-2)
- Oh how foes are made within championships. The third...straight...time these teams have met for a title. Erie Cathedral Prep finishes the season 15-0 and complete another good run for the title from District 10.
3A CHAMPIONSHIP GAME
[41-24 FINAL] Quaker Valley Quakers (14-1) vs. Middletown Blue Raiders (14-1)
- What a year. From a .500 team to losing their head coach right before scrimmages to winning a first ever WPIAL Championship, a monstrous 2-0 win over the Quips mind you, to the first ever high school football title championship. Ricky Guss and company rode the bus to Hershey and come home with the chocolate bar. Middletown proved no match as Quaker Valley's only blemish on the season was a late week lost to the Quips in the regular season 22-7. Props go to the defense on this one...Quakers...what a story.
2A CHAMPIONSHIP GAME
[0-48 FINAL] Wilmington Greyhounds (14-1) vs. Southern Columbia Tigers (16-0)
- A tough game to watch all day as the Greyhounds were blanked by the Tigers of Southern Columbia, who have a rich background in Hershey for championships. Although the only loss of the season, the Wilmington Greyhounds should be proud coming from District 10 and more importantly, pulling off one of the bigger unknown upsets in PIAA playoff history beating a really good Washington Prexies team to reach the final. Good job Greyhounds!
A CHAMPIONSHIP GAME
[42-12 FINAL] Jeannette Jayhawks (15-1) vs. Homer-Center Wildcats (13-2)
- Terrell-Pryor-esque? Maybe so as the Jayhawks had no trouble running by the Wildcats of Homer-Center. Jeanette started the championship title results off on Thursday at 1PM with a good game on both sides of the ball. Jeanette also started the victories for the WPIAL teams as the WPIAL finished 3-1 on the championship season. Congrats Jayhawks!